SAFPA Membership Meeting - AAPA
Then please join us as we hold a casual membership meeting for the Society of Air Force PAs just a short walk away from the venue!
This will be a great time to mingle and discuss your thoughts on our ever changing, yet incredible, career! Our Board of Directors will also provide information on recent events and current issues, as well as listen to your concerns and ideas!
We hope to see you there! First drink is on us!
SAFPA Membership Meeting - AAPA, New Orleans, LA
01 January 1970
- Review cardiomyopathies and the characteristics of each
- Discuss pericarditis and the signs and symptoms of this disease
- Understand and review conduction problems and heart rhythms
- Discuss the treatments of conduction delays such as atrial fibrillation and heart blocks
- Understand Bundle Branch Blocks and what this means for a patient, including treatments and the significance
- Know tachycardia, causes and treatments
- Understand and be able to discuss the lethal arrhythmias
- Discuss the causes, risk factors, and treatments of CHF
- Know and differentiate primary versus secondary hypertension
- Understand and be able to define the difference between pre-hypertension, hypertension, hypertensive urgency and hypertensive emergency
- Know the treatments for hypertension
- Review cardiac drugs and the pharmacology
- Understand orthostatic hypotension and the causes of this disease
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of chest pain and know how to diagnose them
- Know acute coronary syndrome
- Understand prinzmetal angina, angina, and ischemic disease
- Be able to differentiate the different causes of STEMIs
- Know the treatments of STEMIs and the contraindications to the treatments
- Discuss aneurysms and the risk factors for having an aneurysm
- Understand peripheral arterial disease, causes and treatments
- Discuss phlebitis, DVT and Virchow’s Triad
- Differentiate the multiple types of valvar heart disease
- Know the mnemonic PAPPA and the significance of this in understanding causes of chest pain
- Discuss cardiac enzymes, what they mean and the significance of them
- Be able to dissect the EKG and understand the leads and rhythms
- Discuss the EKG changes associated with a STEMI and the types of STEMI
- Understand the cardiac blood flow of the heart
- Discuss the reasons for a widened QRS including WPW
- Discuss the findings for different tachycardia and whether it is stable or unstable
- Be able to recognize all major rhythms on EKG
4-Day CME Conference – San Antonio
Embassy Suites – San Antonio Riverwalk
The Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk – Downtown hotel is set on the banks of the San Antonio River in the vibrant heart of San Antonio, Texas. Grab a bargain at the Mexican Market or discover the rides and attractions of Six Flags® Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld® San Antonio. All guest suites at this beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk hotel offer more space and flexibility, with separate sleeping and living areas, and a wide range of thoughtful amenities. Relax with the two flat screen 32-inch TVs, or keep up with work at the flexible work space.
Stay connected with WiFi in the BusinessLink™ Business Center, which also offers printing and photocopying capabilities, or host a conference or other large event in the hotel’s elegant Majestic Ballroom for up to 900 guests.
Plunge into the outdoor swimming pool or keep fit in the fitness center, which includes both cardiovascular machines and resistance equipment. Enjoy a range of dining options at this San Antonio Riverwalk hotel. Begin each day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and wind down at the Evening Reception*. Indulge in contemporary European cuisine at the hotel’s signature restaurant, Luke.
- Hotel located on the San Antonio Riverwalk
- Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception*
- 11,600 sq. ft. of San Antonio Riverwalk function space
- On-site dining at Luke restaurant, an authentic European brasserie
- Outdoor swimming pool and fitness center overlooking the pool and sun deck
- All-suite accommodations, with premium suites available
We have negotiated significantly reduced room rates for CME4LIFE guests starting at $179, but these rates are only guaranteed until September 2, 2016. Please book early as rooms may sell out prior to that date.
4-Day CME Conference – San Antonio, Texas
Please note: Registration on Day 1 will begin at 6:45am! Breakfast will be available each day, but lunch is *on your own. There will be 10 min. breaks between sessions.
Sessions will run from 7:30am to 6:30pm. Topics include:
- Infectious Disease
Sessions will run from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Topics include:
Sessions will run from 7:30am to 6:30pm. Topics include:
Sessions will run from 7:30am to 12:30pm. Topics include:
- PA Prep Silos
- PA Prep “Triggers”
- PA Prep Bestowa™
*On Your Own Lunches
Lunch is on your own. In some cases there may be an optional “Product Theater” Lunch sponsored by a Pharmaceutical company available at no charge to you if you are interested. If you are a PA student or from a state that prohibits you from attending these lunches when available, you may receive a gift card that can be used toward your lunch. More info on topics and options will be emailed to you as the conference approaches.
John Bielinski, MS, PA-C
John is hailed as one of the greatest presenters in the country. With his unique active style and easy to follow presentation, attendees have reported learning more in one day from him than an entire year in the classroom!
John earned a master’s degree in family and emergency medicine and is a national lecturer on emergency medicine and extraordinary patient care. His experience not only includes years of hospitalist/intensive care coverage, but he has also run a rural emergency department for nine years autonomously, having cared for hundreds of cardiac arrest and critically ill patients. John has lectured for over 10 years teaching PA students at two PA schools in Buffalo, NY, as well as instruction of paramedics/ nurses on advanced cardiac life support.